February 6, 2017
Player Fees - $50 per player for first 2 players
(half price fees for additional siblings)
Soccer Association, in cooperation with the Billings Parks &
Recreation Department, will offer a fall recreational soccer program
for players in Kindergarten through 12th grade.
must have turned age 5 by September 10, 2016 and must be enrolled in a
Kindergarten program (preschool children are not eligible regardless of
YSA’s mission is to provide a positive and safe
developmental environment for soccer players of every skilllevel in
Yellowstone County, promoting skill development, good sportsmanship and
equal playing time.
YSA announces online registration with Active Network, a leading technology provider to thousands of organizations throughout the United States. All participants must register online by clicking the “Online Registration” link at www.ysasoccer.org. Credit/debit card payment is the sole form of payment accepted online. After registration iscomplete, please print the registration confirmation page for your records.
YSA REGISTRATION ASSISTANCE DAYSWednesday, February 1st from 11am – 2pm
Thursday, February 2nd from 11am – 2pm
Monday, February 6th from 11am – 2pm
If you need assistance registering, the YSA office is located in the Billings Eyecare Associates building at 1445 Avenue B
SEE Spring 2017 SEASON DETAILS BELOW
Season is at Amend Park from April 1st through May 20th (no games April 29th).
Saturday: All Ages
TEAM PRACTICE SCHEDULE
Practice times and locations will be set by the volunteer team coach. At the end of August, after team assignments have been made, players will be contacted by their assigned coach and informed of practice schedule. Players who have not been contacted by a coach by March 24th should notify YSA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All players must wear shin guards completely covered by socks and soccer cleats or appropriate athletic shoes at all practices and games. Softball/baseball cleats with toe cleats are not allowed. In addition, players need a full water bottle and a soccer ball. (Size 3 ball for K - 2nd grades; Size 4 ball for 3rd - 6th grades; Size 5 ball for 7th - 12th grades.) Team T-shirts will be provided for each player and will be distributed by team coach.
NO JEWELRY OF ANY KIND IS PERMITTED (INCLUDING PIERCED EARRING POSTS).
YSA’S REFUND POLICY
To obtain a refund, please submit a self-addressed envelope no later than April 1 st to YSA, 1445 Avenue B Suite F, Billings, MT 59102, and include the player’s name and grade. $5 will be deducted from player registration fees to cover administrative costs. Refund checks will be issued at the end of September.
YSA’S WAITING LIST POLICY
Late registrants will incur a $5 late fee and will be placed on a waiting list for possible placement subject to availability. Registrations for the waiting list must be done online. Waiting list status updates will be sent by email. YSA places more than 80% of waiting list registrants, but in the event YSA is unable to place someone by April 15th, refund checks will be issued. $5 will be deducted from player registration fees to cover administrative costs.
Although YSA is not a school league, the school listed on the registration is used as a guide for team placement. Teams are comprised of players from multiple schools within general geographical areas, but keep in mind we are not always able to keep everyone as close as ideal, depending on several factors. K-4th grades are grouped by gender and grade. 5th & 6th grades are combined and grouped by gender. 7th & 8th grades are combined and coed. 9th-12th grades are combined and coed. Those listing private schools will be grouped the same as public schools unless a player is the only participant from a school, in which case the home address will be used as a guide. Private school participants that want to be placed by home location rather than with others from their school should list an area school or list “Home” for their school. Siblings of the same age group as outlined above will be assigned to the same team, and parents who volunteer to coach are always assigned to coach their child’s team.
NO REQUEST POLICY
YSA cannot accommodate requests for placement for any reason including carpooling, scheduling and coach/player preferences. All team assignments are final and will not be changed for any reason other than for YSA administrative purposes .
YSA is a community-built soccer association and is entirely dependant upon the time and support of volunteers. Help is needed in the following areas. If you would like to volunteer, please make your selection when prompted during online registration.
· Coach & Assistant Coach: No experience necessary. Set weekly team practice schedule and organize age-appropriate practice drills to teach players basic soccer skills, rules and good sportsmanship. Coaches of K – 3rd grade teams share referee responsibilities for their games. YSA provides an informational coaches’ meeting at the beginning of the season. Additional coaching resources are available via links on the YSA website ( www.ysasoccer.org). All volunteer Coach and Assistant Coach positions are subject to criminal background checks pursuant to the SAY National Volunteer Screening Policy.
· Team Parent: Help team coach with phone calls. Provide adult presence at practices as needed (YSA requires that 2 unrelated adults attend all practices and team functions). Assign players’ parents to Treat Schedule & Field Set-Up/Take-down Schedule.
· Field Set-Up and Takedown : All parents will be asked to pitch-in by assisting with flag set-up before early games and takedown of flags and goals after late games as scheduled by Team Parent.
· Corporate Sponsor : Corporate Sponsors contribute $1500 per season (or $2700 for a 2 season commitment). Interested parties may submit the sponsor form or contact the YSA office at email@example.com or 655-7842 by February 20th.
· Team Sponsor: Team Sponsors contribute $175 per team. Interested parties may submit the sponsor form by March 1stst or may commit and pay for sponsorship when prompted during online registration.
YSA’S “GIVE & TAKE” SOCCER EQUIPMENT PROGRAM
Recycle your soccer gear! YSA accepts donations of gently used soccer shoes, shin guards, balls and equipment. The “Give & Take” bin is located at the YSA office for those interested in donating and for those interested in re-using soccer gear.
YSA OFFICE HOURSOffice hours will be Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays from 11am-2pm February 7th – March 31st & by appointment after that.
Yellowstone Soccer Association 1445 Ave B Suite F Billings, MT 59102