Player Fees - $45 per player for first 2 players
(half price fees for additional siblings)
Yellowstone Soccer Association, in cooperation
with the Billings Parks & Recreation Department, will offer a fall
recreational soccer program for players in
Kindergarten through 12th grade. Kindergarten players must have turned age 5 by September 10, 2014 and
must be enrolled in a Kindergarten program ([preschool
children are not eligible to play regardless of their age). YSA’s mission is to provide a positive and safe
developmental environment for soccer players of every skill level in
YSA announces online registration with Active
Network, a leading technology provider to thousands of organizations throughout
YSA REGISTRATION ASSISTANCE DAYS
July 9th 10am - 2pm YSA Office
July 10th 10am-5pm YSA Office
If you need assistance registering, the YSA office is located in the Billings Eyecare Associates building at 1445 Avenue B
SEE FALL 2014 SEASON DETAILS BELOW
Games will be played on Saturdays at Amend Park from September 6th through October 18th.
TEAM PRACTICE SCHEDULE
Practice times and locations will be set by the volunteer team coach. At the end of August, after team assignments have been made, players will be contacted by their assigned coach and informed of practice schedule. Players who have not been contacted by a coach by August 29th should notify YSA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All players must wear shin guards completely covered by socks and soccer cleats or appropriate athletic shoes at all practices and games. Softball/baseball cleats with toe cleats are not allowed. In addition, players need a full water bottle and a soccer ball. (Size 3 ball for K - 2nd grades; Size 4 ball for 3rd - 6th grades; Size 5 ball for 7th - 12th grades.) Team T-shirts will be provided for each player and will be distributed by team coach.
NO JEWELRY OF ANY KIND IS PERMITTED (INCLUDING PIERCED EARRING POSTS).
YSA’S REFUND POLICY
To obtain a refund, please submit a self-addressed envelope no later than September 6th to YSA, 1445 Avenue B Suite F, Billings, MT 59102, and include the player’s name and grade. $5 will be deducted from player registration fees to cover administrative costs. Refund checks will be issued at the end of September.
Players registering after July 10th will incur a $5 late fee and will be placed on a waiting list for possible placement subject to availability. Registrations for the waiting list must be done online. Waiting list status updates will be sent by email. YSA places more than 80% of waiting list registrants, but in the event YSA is unable to place someone by September 22nd, refund checks will be issued. $5 will be deducted from player registration fees to cover administrative costs.
Although YSA is not a school league, the school listed on the registration is used as a guide for team placement. Teams are comprised of players from two or more schools. K-4th grades are grouped by gender and grade. 5th & 6th grades are combined and grouped by gender. 7th & 8th grades are combined and coed. 9th-12th grades are combined and coed. Siblings of the same age group as outlined above will be assigned to the same team, and parents who volunteer to coach are always assigned to coach their child’s team.
NO REQUEST POLICY
YSA cannot accommodate requests for placement for any reason including carpooling, scheduling and coach/player preferences. All team assignments are final and will not be changed for any reason other than for YSA administrative purposes.
YSA is a community-built soccer association and is entirely dependant upon the time and support of volunteers. Help is needed in the following areas. If you would like to volunteer, please make your selection when prompted during online registration.
· Coach & Assistant Coach: No experience necessary. Set weekly team practice schedule and organize age-appropriate practice drills to teach players basic soccer skills, rules and good sportsmanship. Coaches of K – 3rd grade teams share referee responsibilities for their games. YSA provides an informational coaches’ meeting at the beginning of the season. Additional coaching resources are available via links on the YSA website (www.ysasoccer.org). All volunteer Coach and Assistant Coach positions are subject to criminal background checks pursuant to the SAY National Volunteer Screening Policy.
· Team Parent: Help team coach with phone calls. Provide adult presence at practices as needed (YSA requires that 2 unrelated adults attend all practices and team functions). Assign players’ parents to Treat Schedule & Field Set-Up/Take-down Schedule.
· Field Set-Up and Takedown: All parents will be asked to pitch-in by assisting with flag set-up before early games and takedown of flags and goals after late games as scheduled by Team Parent.
· Corporate Sponsor: Corporate Sponsors contribute $1500 per season (or $2700 for a 2 season commitment). Interested parties may submit the attached form (see reverse) or contact the YSA office at email@example.com or 655-7842 by July 20th.
· Team Sponsor: Team Sponsors contribute $150 per team. Interested parties may submit the attached form with payment (see reverse) by August 1st or may commit and pay for sponsorship when prompted during online registration.
YSA’S “GIVE & TAKE” SOCCER EQUIPMENT PROGRAM
Recycle your soccer gear! YSA accepts donations of gently used soccer shoes, shin guards, balls and equipment. The “Give & Take” bin is located at the YSA office for those interested in donating and for those interested in re-using soccer gear.
Office hours will be Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays from 11am-2pm July 9th – September 18th & TBA after that.
Yellowstone Soccer Association 1445 Ave. B Suite F Billings, MT 59102